If you’re preparing for the SSC CPO exam, you need to give proper attention to the English section. The English section plays a crucial role in both Paper I and Paper II of the exam. It includes various topics such as grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, cloze test, idioms, and error detection. So, to crack this exam, you need to prepare for the English section with sincerity.
1. SSC CPO English – Grammar: The grammar section includes topics such as error spotting and phrase replacement. To excel in this section, you need to be well-versed with basic grammar rules such as subject, object, verb, tenses, part of speech, and more. You should also have a strong command of grammar to solve advanced-level error spotting quizzes.
To prepare for the grammar section, practice solving a number of tests and quizzes based on error spotting. The level of error spotting in SSC CPO can be easy to moderate.
2. SSC CPO English – Vocabulary: The vocabulary section includes topics such as synonyms, antonyms, and spellings. This is a highly scoring topic from the English section. To prepare for this section, you need to acquaint yourself with English words and their synonyms and antonyms. Make flashcards to revise the meanings of the words.
Practice as many spellings as possible, and learn spellings that are difficult for you. While learning spellings, also note their meanings.
3. SSC CPO English – Reading Comprehension: Reading comprehension is the most important topic of the English section as it is part of both Paper I and Paper II of the SSC CPO exam. In this section, you need to read a passage and answer questions based on it.
To excel in this section, you need a blend of knowledge of grammar and vocabulary. The faster you read and understand the passage, the faster you will be able to solve the questions. To do so, you need to practice solving reading comprehension.
4. SSC CPO English – Cloze Test: The cloze test is an exercise where the candidates are provided with a passage which has certain words missing from it. To ace this section, you must have a strong command over the English language. Apart from this, it takes a lot of practice to improve your solving speed for this section.
To master the cloze test, you can follow some tips such as reading the passage carefully, identifying the context of the passage, and then selecting the appropriate word.
5. SSC CPO Physical Test: Apart from the written exam, you also need to qualify for the physical test. The physical test includes various activities such as long jump, high jump, running, and more.
To prepare for the physical test, you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. You can also take help from a physical trainer.
6. Detailed SSC CPO Syllabus 2023: To prepare for the SSC CPO exam, you should be aware of the detailed SSC CPO syllabus 2023 for Sub Inspector (Delhi Police, CAPFs) and CISF post. The syllabus includes various topics such as general intelligence and reasoning, general knowledge and awareness, quantitative aptitude, and English comprehension.
you need to pay special attention to the English section. This section carries a total of 50 marks and includes 50 questions. In this article, we will provide you with topic-wise tips on how to prepare English for the SSC CPO SI Exam 2020.
Topics wise Distribution of Marks in SSC CPO English Section
Before diving into the tips, let’s have a look at the topic-wise distribution of marks in the SSC CPO English section:
Let’s discuss each topic in detail and find a way to score maximum in each section.
Idioms and Phrases
Most students find it difficult to prepare for this topic because of the sheer number of idioms and phrases. However, if you just read the idioms and phrases that were asked in previous year exams of SSC, there are fair chances that you will get questions from those only. All the previous year questions are updated on the BYJU’S Exam Prep app. You need to practice from quizzes which provide on a daily basis. Trust me you will not get a single question out of this.
Example: The son wants to purchase a new car but his father is dragging his feet.
Answer: Here dragging his feet is an idiom which means acting in a slow and hesitant manner.
To make it easy, we are uploading the most repeated and expected idioms and phrases for SSC exams. Click on the below-given link to access them:
Most repeated & expected idioms and phrases (A to Z) For SSC Exams
For this section, your basics of grammar should be strong because sentence improvement is generally based on tenses, noun, pronoun, verb, adverb, adjective, articles, gerund, participle. Just read a good English newspaper and whenever you find a sentence, try to find its parts of speech. If you are able to locate parts of speech in a sentence correctly, then there are fair chances to score full in this section. Practice all the quizzes related to Sentence Improvement available on the BYJU’S Exam Prep app.
One Word Substitution
One-word substitution is totally based on your vocabulary. Newspaper really helps in improving vocabulary. Read the editorial page of any good English newspaper and explore new words. Try to search them in the dictionary and use them in communication. This is the best way to improve your English and score well in one-word substitution.
Example: A place where money is coined?
To improve your vocabulary, practice all the quizzes related to One-word substitution available on the BYJU’S Exam Prep app.
Spelling correction again is based on vocabulary, which needs a lot of practice. You can read the notes given in BYJU’S Exam Prep and memorize the correct spellings of frequently asked words in your exam if you practice daily. To practice spelling correction quizzes, click on the below-given link:
Important Rules to Solve Spelling Mistakes Questions
As the name suggests, you need to do a lot of reading to crack this section. Most of the students score full marks in this section because one paragraph is already given in the exam, and you need to find answers to questions from that paragraph itself.
To prepare for the SSC CPO exam, you should make a study plan and divide your time equally among all the sections. You can also take help from various online resources such as Our SSC CPO Course, video lectures, online quizzes, and mock tests. cracking the SSC CPO exam requires hard work, dedication, and smart preparation. You need to give proper attention to all the sections, especially the English section.
English for SSC CPO, ssc cpo english syllabus, ssc cpo english book, ssc cpo english notes, how to prepare english for ssc cpo